You can play golf like kings or queens (Part 2)
Continue to part one, we will discuss some other advices on how to play golf in a polite way.
- Undo the marks and other signals, symbols when finishing the shots: after making the shots, you need to remember to undo all the marks or signals so that the people playing after you can play their games properly. The bunkers should also be in the list because you have to clean your footprints and your club marks so that other players do not get stuck in the holes.
2. People will appreciate if you keep distance from them in the golf fields. AS mentioned above that you may make some unwanted noises when you are in a game. This means you can get one person distracted from their shots and this is not very polite of you. It also makes people feel uncomfortable. And the most important thing is that you can avoid this and keep it from happen just by remembering it next time you go to the golf fields.
3. You are a slow player and you have to learn to improve yourself – agree that you need time to consider the shots but do not spend too much time because there are people behind you waiting for their turns to play their shots. So you should not make them wait for too long and make your shots done before somebody cannot wait and shout at you.
4. Avoid hitting at other people: this sounds ridiculous, I know but it still true. Hit by a golf ball is hurt and nobody wants to be in the situation. Unfortunately, there are cases when you cannot avoid hitting the ball and it may hit somebody. In the cases, you should shout to them so they know there is a ball flying to and they may avoid it. Even though, personally I think this is the kind of accident you cannot avoid that easily.
5. Dress as comfortable and as respectful as you want: it is certain that you can chose to put on whatever kinds of clothes you think is suitable for you. But at least you should know if there is any restrict in fashion at the field you are heading for. And always remember that you are here to play golf not to show off your wardrobe and you have to pay respect for yourself and others. Wearing properly to protect you from the weather and insects and also to suit the games. By choosing the right clothes, you will have the confidence to play your best.
Golf is a sport but it is also a social activity that you can show others your manners. By showing a good manner you will get the respect from others and this is sometimes better than winning the games. I hope by reading the above advices you now know how to fix your bad habits and play the sport with more confidence. Good luck to you all!