Avoid these mistakes and you can assure your winning in golf
If you are a sport lover, you may be familiar with all kind of penalties in sport games. For instance, in football match, the referee has the right to grant one team a penalty over the other team’s faults. Sometimes the penalties are the only difference that decides the winning and the loosing. It is the same for other sport where penalties are applied for a team or a player when making mistakes or violate the game rules.
Because of this, you have to be very careful with the game rules and make sure that you are following it to the fullest. In golf, there are some kind of punishments for players who breach the game rules and they can be to skip one or two strokes or to be disqualified for one hole or the whole game. In either cases, being disqualified is the worst thing you can think of because it is very hard for you to gain back your track after one or two holes not to mention to be eliminated entirely from the game. Below is some common mistakes that you should avoid if you do not want to breach the rules.
- Skip or ignore the hole order. You have to strictly follow the order in stroke play if you do not want to get punishment.
- Purposely make intervention on the ball’s position and its movements. If you are trying to cheat by secretly making some small changes in the ball then it is sure you are breaching the rules.
- You can not make undertable negotiation with other golf players to ignore or skip some of the game rules. It may be a relax playing with your friends and you can skip some rules but it is forbidden in the real games.
- You miss the first hit and you want to make up by the second hit which you decide to keep secret from the referee. If this is what you are going to do then you should not because it is against the rules.
- If you somehow do not agree with the rules of the game, go ahead with it because you can change nothing.
- Alright, thing is you have to go along with the stated clubs that are requested by the game Committee for each hit or stroke even though you are familiar with using the different clubs for your hits.
- One of my friends who is a fashion designer and he wants to make a small change on his clubs so they can match with his fashion taste. However, he got the punishment for doing this. Remember, even if you are a fashionista, do not change anything in your clubs or you may be asked to leave the game sooner than you should.
- One more thing you should remember about the clubs is to declare about all the clubs you are using because if the other players or organizers find out that you are using a club that is not mentioned in your declaration, then you will have to make a long explanation to get this over.
I can spend a day long to mention and list here all the other mistakes or stupid things you may do during your games which can grant you a disqualification. They include using more than one caddy in a hole, do not follow the time set by the game organizers etc. You have to remember that following the rules is as important as practising hard because if you get disqualified by the referee then all your efforts will be zero.